STORE MANAGER – BOSTON, MA
In this role, you will be responsible for managing the retail side of the Gus & Ruby Letterpress Boston store. You will be the daily face for the paper boutique, establishing and building long lasting customer relationships within the city, as well as being an ambassador of Boston by keeping your finger on the pulse of events and happening around the town/neighborhood. Responsibilities included, but are not limited to:
• Managing the retail side of the Gus & Ruby Letterpress Boston store.
• Being the daily face for the paper boutique by helping customers & making sales
• Hiring, training and managing part-time employees and employee schedules
• Dreaming-up and executing exceptional, creative merchandise displays within the store
• Managing inventory (keeping track of current stock and working closely with the Director of Operations and Portsmouth & Portland store managers on ordering/buying/transferring products)
• Leading sales initiatives
• Maintaining daily upkeep of the store (cleaning, stocking, etc.).
This is a full-time, salaried position with room for growth within the company.
– You have extensive retail experience (management is not required but is a major plus!) and are happy helping customers and manning a register.
– You have proven leadership skills and are comfortable training and managing staff.
– You are outgoing, personable, have exceptional customer service skills and are able to establish and foster strong relationships with customers.
– You are passionate about merchandising, store design/display and retail sales.
– You are extremely detail oriented, organized and good at juggling many things at once.
– You are self motivated and a quick learner.
– You are comfortable working alone and within a team and are a clear, effective communicator.
– You love dogs, babies, donuts and champagne. Or some combination of those at the very least.
Do you want this job?! We hope so! Email your cover letter & resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org! We can’t wait to hear from you!