With our busy holiday shopping season on the way, we’re looking for a few retail gurus to join our team. Our flagship Portsmouth, NH store is for hiring year-round, permanent Retail Associates positions!
Do you love pretty paper, hand-made objects of beauty, dreamy wedding stationery and gut-bustingly-hilarious greeting cards? Do you enjoy being around people and are willing to help with any task? If so, you might be just the person we are looking for!
We like to think we’re a pretty fun group of people to work with but we are very serious when it comes to the safety and health of our employees and customers. Take a peek below at the position and apply by emailing us your resume and a cover letter telling us why you’d be a great fit.
The position in a nutshell:
In this role, you will be responsible for daily operations in the retail store including (but not limited to): greeting and helping customers find the perfect item; making sales/checking out customers; receiving, unpacking and merchandising new products; tidying/cleaning the store. You’ll report directly to the Store Manager. This is a part-time, hourly position consisting of approximately 15-25 hours per week (with possible room to grow). Weekend, weekday and holiday availability is a must.
– You have retail experience and are happy helping customers and manning a register.
– You are outgoing, personable, have exceptional customer service skills and are able to establish and foster strong relationships with customers.
– You are self motivated and a quick learner.
– You are comfortable working alone and within a team and are a clear, effective communicator.
– You have a good sense of humor.
Do you want this job?! We hope so! Email your resumé, availability, and cover letter telling us why you want to join our team to Emily at Portsmouth@gusandruby.com. Please include “Sales Associate” in the subject line!
In this role, you will be responsible for managing the eCommerce side of Gus & Ruby Letterpress. You will be the point person for our raipidly-expanding online store and the many customers we serve throughout the country. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Customer service & communication (answering emails and responding to voicemails, etc.)
• Scheduling and managing all shipping associates
• Managing orders (printing forms and overseeing fullfilment)
• Packing/shipping orders
• Managing eCom inventory (transferring inventory between stores) through communication with store managers
• Receiving pertinent POs and product and organizing inventory within the warehouse
• Ordering & organizing shipping materials
– You have retail and/or eCommerce experience (strongly preferred but not required)
– You are organized and meticulous about details
– You are a multi-tasker and are nimble moving between tasks
– You offer exceptional customer service
This is a permanent part-time position (approximately 20 hours per week with a Monday-Friday schedule in our Dover, NH studio) with BIG room for growth. Interested? Please send a cover letter telling us why you’d be great at this job and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome Back! We missed you!
After 100 days closed to customers, our Portsmouth, NH store has reopened! What a stressful and scary few months it has been. And while nothing is back to normal and Covid is still very much here, for the foreseeable future, we want and NEED to be open and serve our Portsmouth community again, in a safe but welcoming way.
Our new store hours are Thursday – Monday from 10am – 6pm. We will be closed Tuesday & Wednesday. If you aren’t yet ready to shop with us in-store, you can shop online 24/7 and choose free shipping or curbside pickup!
Please read below so you are familiar with our protocol. We’ve worked SO hard to get the store ready for your return and we hope that those of you ready to shop in-store again are able to escape the real world for a bit and bring some joy into your life with all of our lovely goods.
Masks are mandatory for our safety and yours. If you forgot you makes, we have them available for free inside.
Please sanitize your hands upon entering. We also have sanitizer throughout the store so reapply when needed.
Our max is 6
We will allow no more than 6 customers in the store at one time (in addition to the 2-3 staff members you’ll see working). If there are already 6 people shopping, please wait outside for someone to exit. We promise it will be worth the wait!
Give some space
Please be aware of the other patrons and stay 6 feet apart as much as possible. Our store is small but we’ve spaced things out so you have more room than usual.
We’re so excited to have you back. This is new territory for us all and we truly want to give you the most comfortable and enjoyable shopping experience, but things may move a little slower than usual in order for that to happen. If we can do anything to make your shopping experience easier or more comfortable, please let us know. And as always, please remember to be kind and patient with other patrons (not just at our store, but everywhere) and offer grace to the hardworking staff.