Are you enthusiastic about greeting cards & beautiful gifts and building connections with customers? If so, you’re in the right place! We’re hiring a Store Manager for our Downtown Portsmouth, NH location. Our ideal candidate is a strong team leader, who is outgoing and organized, has excellent communication skills, and a fabulous sense of humor.
First opened in 2009, our store on Congress Street has built a reputation for being the go-to place for finding the perfect gifts because of our knowledgeable and friendly staff. Over the years, we have worked hard to create a space where everyone who comes in will feel welcome- from our customers to our dedicated staff.
Take a peek below at the position and apply by emailing us your resumé, and a cover letter telling us why you’d be a great fit. We will be conducting interviews over the next few weeks and hope to have the position filled quickly.
STORE MANAGER – PORTSMOUTH, NH
The position in a nutshell:
In this role, you will be the daily face of the paper boutique – providing top-notch customer service, managing inventory, receiving shipments, maintaining daily upkeep of the store, managing part-time employees and employee schedules, and working closely with our Senior Operations Manager and Buyer to implement new sales initiatives to grow sales.
We are looking for an individual to maintain our long-lasting customer relations within the city, as well as be an ambassador of Portsmouth by keeping your finger on the pulse of the events and happening around the city. This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits, paid parking, paid vacation, and room for growth within the company.
– You have extensive retail experience (management is not required but is a major plus!) and are happy helping customers and manning a register.
– You are passionate about merchandising, store design/display, and retail sales.
– You are outgoing, and personable, have exceptional customer service skills and are able to establish and foster strong relationships with customers.
– You are extremely detail-oriented, organized, and good at juggling many things at once.
– You are self-motivated and a quick learner.
– You are comfortable working alone and within a team and are a clear, effective communicator.
Do you want this job?! We hope so! Email your resumé and cover letter telling us why you want to lead our Portsmouth team to Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org! We can’t wait to hear from you!